Calling all writers, dreamers, all those who dream of writing, and—of course—those who write of dreams!
Highwind is launching a Flash Fiction writing anthology to be hosted here, in our digital bookshop, until the day it makes it out into the world of print production.
The collection will run and publish weekly, and all participating writers will begin their submissions with the current week's writing prompt, ultimately showcasing the inventiveness of our writing community, the curiosities of the creative mind, and the playfulness of words worth reading.
- Writing prompts will be published as blog and Instagram posts (@aboardthehighwind) each Sunday morning.
- Submissions must sent to email@example.com (in a .PDF or .docx format) by the following Friday.
- Flash Fiction submissions are limited to a maximum of 1,000 words.
- All genres are welcome, but scenes of graphic violence or erotica will not be considered.
- Due to limited resources in managing this ongoing project, only a selection of submissions will be published each week, no matter the overall number and/or quality of submissions received.
There are no barriers to entry, and we encourage all writers to submit. Whether you've previously published creative writing or not, hold a Nobel Prize in literature, or even if your mom is the only person to have read your work and told you that its great, we want to hear from you.
So follow us on Instagram, bookmark the Highwind Lounge, and get ready to flex some creative muscles; the Highwind Flash Fiction Anthology launches soon!