send us your manuscript
Here at Highwind we are interested in stories, the people who tell them, and the people who listen to them. For the art of storytelling is about the only guideline that we impose on our submissions. If you’ve got a great story, we want to read it.
However, there are certain genres that interest us more than others; below is a non-exhaustive list to give you an idea of what we are looking for. If your work doesn’t conform to any of the genres listed, but you are convinced that your story is worth telling, send it to us anyway. All writers interested in submitting a manuscript must respect the submission guidelines listed below.
send to Highwind
Fiction – novels and novellas
Short story anthologies
For any given work to be considered for publication, it must include:
- A statement of interest – explain why you and your work belong in the Highwind community of writers
- A summary of the work – 1-2 page maximum identifying the major elements of the plot
- The manuscript itself – for full-length novels it is acceptable to send a sample of 30-40 pages
All three elements must be submitted in a single .PDF file. Submissions that do not adhere to the guidelines will not be considered for publication.
- Audiobook listed on the Highwind bookshop
- Marketing through our social media channels
- Variable conversion fee